Clara Bossie, MS, LMFT-S, CEDS, E-RYT, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Expressive Art Therapist
Marriage & Family Therapist MT2519
Qualified Supervisor MFT, MHC
A natural born artist, and gifted teacher, Clara Bossie brings a kaleidoscope of talents and tools to her therapeutic practice. She is inventive and spontaneous in her approach to helping children, teens, adults and families. Clients will find that Clara creates a secure and constructive partnership, taking an active interest to bring about flexibility and change within their world. Her ability to bring wisdom and order to the complications and chaos of individual and family circumstances has earned her high regards in the therapeutic community.
Clara received her bachelor’s degree in Exceptional Education with a special focus on Mental Disabilities from the University of Centeral Florida in 2001. As an ESE teacher, Clara went beyond the borders of the classroom to help childern with special needs and their families, achieving recognition as an outstanding educator. During that time she worked closely with Very Special Arts (VSA), Special Olympics, and Autism Speaks. Additionally, Clara developed a series of educational workshops and parent groups that provide valuable skills to parents and families in the community. Most recently, Clara has become a qualified supervisor for registered interns where she will be able to share her extensive experience and “out-of-the-therapy-office” philosophy with those entering the counseling field.
Clara’s teaching experience fostered a deep interest in helping families at the core of their suffering. In 2007, Clara received her Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Palm Beach Atlantic University. Incorporating her educational background and experience working with children and families, Clara is able to draw from an eclectic array of systemic approaches that include structural family therapy, symbolic-experiential therapies, cognitive-behavioral therapy and psycho-education.
Clara seeks to understand clients from a relational perspective. She uses experiential approaches that allow clients to openly communicate feelings in the present moment, often incorporating creative works, ‘field trips’ and other spontaneous activities into her sessions. During therapy, Clara creates a secure environment where self-awareness, inspiration and change can happen. She values both honesty and clarity – giving clients the information they need in a straightforward and easy to understand manner. She works to build a stable and truthful relationship with her clients, tuning in to what they have experienced and how they perceive life. Ultimately, Clara becomes a trusted guide for individuals and families, traveling with them on their journey toward healing and wellness.
In addition to individual and family therapy, Clara moderates group therapy, workshops, and parent support groups. She has received extensive training in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) from Behavioral Tech, LLC, and has developed specialized DBT-based programs for children, adolescents and learning disabled individuals.
A gifted artist from an early age, Clara incorporates creativity into every aspect of her life. Clara has a talent for bringing out the creative side in those around her. In her practice, Clara offers Expressive Art Therapy to both individuals and groups. Expressive Art utilizes the creative process for self-exploration that can often lead to insightful conclusions. With her clients, art becomes a therapeutic language allowing her to understand and heal what words cannot describe. In addition to her responsibilities as a therapist, Clara is the founder of Healing through Expressive Art and the Creative Director of the HEArt Show, an annual event dedicated to raising awareness and funds for organizations that incorporate art into educational and healing activities.
For the past 12 years, Clara has helped hundreds of people grow and heal through disabilities, trauma, mental illness, and family crises. Through trust and creativity, she helps others awaken their natural strengths and inherent wisdom so they may better understand themselves and create positive, effective relationships in their lives. Navigating these relationships with great communication, a sense of perspective, and self-awareness can not only bring healing, but amazing contentment as well.
Education and Professional Training:
- Master of Arts, Counseling, Psychology, Mental Health Marriage & Family Therapy, Palm Beach Atlantic University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Science, Exceptional Student Education K-12, Minor in Mental Handicaps, University of Central Florida
- Florida Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Intensively trained in DBT – Behavioral Tech, LLC
- Trained in EMDR
- Professional Educator’s Certificate – Mentally Handicapped K-12 (870969)
- PREPARE/ENRICH Marriage Coach & Mentor
- CPREP/PREP Marriage Coach & Educator
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Certification Clinical Educator/Peer Teacher Certification
- Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher, E-RYT-200
- Founder & Creative Director, HEArt (Healing Through Expressive Arts)
- Member, American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy
- Member, International OCD Foundation
- Board & Chapter Member, International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals
- Board Member, Florida Atlantic University Memory & Wellness Center (Caring Hearts Auxiliary)
- Behavioral Issues
- Anxiety & Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Learning & Developmental Disorders
- Individual & Group Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy
- DBT Therapy for specialized populations
- Child and Parent Coaching
- Individual and Group Expressive Therapy
- Parent Workshops
- Relationship Counseling